1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick indictments: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Sep 24, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to see how other people who have run dog-fighting operations have been penalized. Athletes shouldn't get preferential treatment. On the other hand, they shouldn't be treated worse because they have higher profiles, either.

2. boots

boots New Member

Yes, there are many who won't be pleased no matter what penalty Vick gets. I understand he broke state and federal rules. I understand he has to answer for it. Just seems a tad excessive and a bit of double jeopardy.

3. boots

boots New Member

Here! Here!

4. boots

boots New Member

Spnited, it's Surry County.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

If he broke federal and state laws, he should be punished for both.

6. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Yes, that's true. But in my opinion, the judge'll go Roger Goodell on him because he'll want to send a message. I'm sure that there are not a lot of people that weren't aware of how bad the consequences were for dog fighting before Vick.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

It gets worse for Mr. Vick:

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=219170&hubname=

TORONTO - The legal woes of former NFL superstar quarterback Michael Vick took an unexpected Canadian twist Tuesday as the country's biggest financial institution, the Royal Bank of Canada (TSX:RY), revealed in court documents it's suing the suspended Atlanta Falcons quarterback for more than US$2.3 million.

The Toronto-based bank, which also does business in the U.S. South under its RBC Centura banner, is arguing that Vick's guilty plea on federal dogfighting charges and the resulting impact on his career have prevented him from repaying money he borrowed.

Vick borrowed $2.5 million from the Royal's private banking arm in January, with plans to use the money for real estate investments, the Toronto-based bank said in the lawsuit filed in U.S. District Court in Newport News, Va.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hope he gets the maximum sentence allowable by law.

Draft saved Draft deleted