1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick indictments: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Sep 24, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Surrey County prosecutor ready to go after Vick now:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vick-surrycounty&prov=ap&type=lgns

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Now that the feds have done all the real work, this is politically expedient. That said, Vick deserves everything he gets out of this, and probably then some.

3. boots

boots New Member

Enough is enough. I'm not sure if double jeopardy comes to play here but kicking a kid when he's down is no fun. The guy is going to prison. He's been humiliated. He's lost his career. His income. Damn, I guess some people won't be happy until they take his first born.
    Stick a fork in this whole situation.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I agree with Boots. What purpose does this serve other than getting some eager beaver local prosecutor some publicity?

5. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yeah, Boots and Cran are right. Vick only broke federal and state laws.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, being humiliated makes everything square.

7. novelist_wannabe

You're welcome to your opinion, boots, but kicking someone when he's down apparently is fun. It's one of the things our industry does well, and often. Not that that has anything to do with this. Vick is scum, and he deserves any foul treatment he gets out of this.

8. boots

boots New Member

Yes he's fucked up. But the guy is paying the price and he still has to go to jail. It's like handing down a double death sentence. You can only die once.

9. Gee, now we have DA Gomer protecting us from dog killers.
    I feel much safer.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vick's dogs were proof of that.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bullshit. The dude broke state and federal laws. After his stint in the federal can, Vick should pay his debt to the state of Virginia.

12. novelist_wannabe

Well, there are no small number of people who think the price he will pay won't be steep enough, and under our legal system, the local authorities can also prosecute him without it being double jeopardy. Sure, it would've been better if they'd had the huevos to go after him to begin with, because now it looks like grandstanding of the highest order. BTW, Vick didn't die. The dogs did. After they were tortured.

Draft saved Draft deleted