1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick heading to prison early

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Nov 19, 2007.

1. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Apparently he's worked out a deal to start serving his time now (instead of after his Dec. 10 sentencing date) so that he will be released earlier -- according to the WWL.
    Sounds like he's trying to salvage as much football time as he can.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I don't blame him. The AAFL season will be in the spring/summer, right?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I guess the Georgia State Penitentiary needed a mobile quarterback.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Paul Crewe went on the IR.

No decent backup locked up.

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm surprised he didn't try to do this earlier. If he gone in back in September (and assuming a 12 month sentence), he could have been out by next September right at the start of football season.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He's hot after all the bitches he'll have in prison... /whoeverthefucksaidthat

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

No way he would have played the 08 season anyway. He'll be whereever for mini camps in late spring/early summer 2009.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

OK, this is all based on an absolute best case scenario, but say he gets 12 months, and he gets cleared by the league after doing his time.

You don't think some team takes a chance on him? Considering some of the QB's playing yesterday were named Dilfer, Testaverde and Croyle?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Does anybody actually think he does his 12-18 months, walks out, gets reinstated and plays right away?

No fucking way!

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

That was more of what I was saying. Between getting back in football shape, signing a contract, and oh yeah, getting reinstated, he's not playing the 08 season in any way, shape or form.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That was Sportsbruh.

Perhaps Vick wants to line up some bitches before Bonds takes the best ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted