1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick case thread....please behave

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Once more....can we please stick to the subject. Please. This is a big story. We should be talking about it. We all know how to do that without getting another thread locked...so let's try to grow the fuck up and do that, ok?

2. boots

boots New Member

First off you fucked up by calling me a name. We'll let that slide because you don't know how to communicate without name calling.
    Secondly, I point out racially insensitive statements no matter what color, be it black white or what have you.
    Third, I could care less about having a pissing match with you. There's nothing to piss on and it's a waste of my time.
    fourth, there is no deal needed to be made.
    Fifth, the accusations that I made earlier stand. The people who read the threads gave me their opinions and I relayed them.
    Now if you have any other issues, and I'm sure you do, if they don't relate to Michael Vick, do me a favor and send a PM. That way, we can hopefully not get this thread locked.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pissing matches aside, the racial element was brought up by sportsbra... no one mentioned color here until it did.
    Back on track please and Happy Mayberry Day Day...

4. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Well, WHOM do you THINK got Mike's back besides his teammates and Arthur Blank?

We are going to stick with OURS till the bitter end.

We KNOW how this Country works.....we've been apart of its history since the 1400's.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Based on the statement released by the Falcons, Arthur Blank does not "have Vick's back."

My guess is that a scientific poll would show that the black community doesn't have Vick's back, either. He's a herpes-spreading, dog-torturing scumwad.

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Yes, because our points aren't even coherent or rational.

THis coming from the same guy who criticized Leonard Pitts for writing an irresponsible article tackling the mountain of irresponsible articles which gave the bigots he responded to an ounce of legitimacy.

Yes....maybe they and their paranoia will go away.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sticking up for a friend is one thing; blind allegiance is another.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Here's what gets me about the case. He allegedly fights dogs. That's disturbing in and of itself, but way he and his crew are accused of killing the underperforming dogs is far, far, far worse. Why torture them with electrecution (sp), etc.? Why not just shoot them? It's easier. The level of sadism that is accussed is much more disturbing than the dog fighting itself.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sick as it sounds, that's a valid point.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

It's ridiculous that people can take a serious matter that has nothing to do with race and make it about race.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's not a racial issue. He's admitted to herpes.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0405051vick1.html

And the 18-page indictment speaks directly to his complicity in the torture and slaughter of animals that were bred specifically for use in an illegal competition.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0717072vick1.html

No matter what his skin pigment, he's the scum of the earth.

12. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I have no problem with the criticism Michael Vick is encountering. But I do have a problem with the constant stream of comments made by these phony sociologists who use him to make sweeping and baseless generalizations about an entire group of people or culture. It's as if you're telling me I should keep my eyes and ears closed to it or I'm altogether afflicted with some form of schizophrenia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.