1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick case thread....please behave

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

In legal theory as of this moment, yes.

In point of actual fact, we'll see.

One thing for sure: Either Vick is guilty, or he's the victim of one of the most extensive, meticulous and detailed frame-up jobs in the history of the world.

2. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

You forgot that 75% of the Black community is in his corner.

We are a forgiving lot.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

75% of people named Black, or just black people?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

(shaking head more)....here we go again...

5. boots

boots New Member

And you took a poll? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Dog-gone it, can't we just get along?

7. boots

boots New Member

I'd like to think so.

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Unfortunately, not as long as a couple familiar names continue to join these threads. Once they come in, threads like this always disintegrate right afterwards.

It would help, however, if the rest of us followed a rule of simply ignoring any post meant to turn non-racial discussions toward the direction of a racism debate. Don't address them with humor, don't try to address them intelligently, just ignore them. Doesn't matter if you have good intentions, those posts nearly always lead to trouble because that's exactly where the people that create em want to go.

9. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

WTF? Joe Horn is a bad guy?
    Oh yeah, he dances to hip hop when he scores ::)

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'd be more distressed if he danced to Pat Boone. And good job, folks, not using the quote function very often.

11. boots

boots New Member

I agree. It seems that people can't discuss anything racial without losing perspective. Instead of having intelligent dialog, they result to name-calling. Usually, it's the same ones who like to egg people on until they can get their usual crowd worked up.
    That's sad.

12. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Boots, let's make a deal. You don't respond to me, and I won't respond you anymore. Because you know damn well you're one of the trolls I'm referring to, and you're one of the biggest offenders here when it comes to falsely throwing racism accusations at people (See slappy, earlier today). But I'm not interested in furthering a pissing match with you here, so let's drop it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.