1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick case thread....please behave

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Seriously, how much help is Michael Vick gonna be on his legal defense?

And repairing his image doesn't seem to be a priority.

He should resurface as the amazing Ron Mexico and start anew.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I'm out in Calgary for the CFL game tomorrow between the Stampeders and Toronto.

The Argonauts have a CFL rookie (he played for Kansas City and Dallas in the NFL) named Willie Pile, who came to Virginia Tech in the same recruiting class as Vick. (Pile played free safety.)

Naturally, I asked him this morning about the charges. Pile said Vick owned pit bulls back in college, and wasn't shy about bringing them around. But, Pile added that Vick showed none of the brutality towards the dogs that is alleged in the document.

It was an interesting conversation.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

should be an interesting sidebar to the gamer.

Any AP story on the PETA protest at the NFL headquarters today? Buncha people show? 15 slaps with bulhorns and signs? One in a "Free Ookie" T-shirt? I can't believe for a minute that the news media didnt cover this.

4. boots

boots New Member

Blank is right not to make a decision until a court date has been set. Once it has been set, if it is not during the season, you let the guy play. You almost have to because of the loot that you are paying him. At least get something out of the deal.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The following people are in Vick's corner:
    Pacman Jones
    Joe Horn

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dan Reeves jumps to the support of Ron Dogkiller.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=242306

Boo fucking hoo. Once again, as in about 99.87% of all these goddamn sob stories, we have the codeword "troubled" thrown in, as if this is some random cruel affliction thrown on the poor innocent good-hearted athlete by the heartless forces of fickle fate.

Reeves, or any civilized person, should tell Vick: "You go to court, and utterly prove beyond any conceivable doubt whatsoever, that this was all a complete fabrication, a complete frameup concocted by evil forces determined to take you down, and that you never ever ever had anything to do whatsoever with any of these activities, THEN you have my support.

"If not, go fuck yourself. Something you should have told your 'crew' some time ago."

7. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I just read the indictment, and Vick seems pretty well doomed there.
    If I were indicted, and the feds had a witness that I gave money to after a fight, I think I'd be looking to deal.

8. boots

boots New Member

I know Vick is circling the wagons. He's hoping, if he's guilty, that no one sings.

9. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

MICHEAL VICK IS INNOCENT!!!

10. boots

boots New Member

I won't go that far but he is innocent..... until proven guilty.

11. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I would be seriously distraught if Vick did not play this season.

I'll miss his Thug style and arrogant disposition.

12. boots

boots New Member

I'll miss his apologizing for flipping a bird to the fans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.