1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick case thread....please behave

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boots

boots New Member

Bullshit. He's a grown ass man. He knows right from wrong. I suppose you did everything your parents told you, right?
    Get the fuck out of here what that nonsense.
    This man is 27 years-old. He's young, dumb and rich.
    Blame his parents? For what? He knew what he was doing.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm going to say he knew, but I really do not think he was given the best basis for right and wrong as many other children have.

There are a few things that if you do them once, you probably will do it for your entire life. Hit a woman in anger, cheat on a woman, steal are a couple. I cannot ever see myself doing any of these, and there have been times in my life when it crossed my mind, but I chose not to do the act. Torturing dogs can be added to the list. It is just the way I was/most people were raised.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I think we're holding the NFL and the falcons to the same standard that our employer would us to, if we were federally indicted.

BTW, I think the best thing that the Falcons could do is hold Vick accountable to the contract he signed and demand his presence at every single workout, meeting practice and scrimmage, unless there is a job related excuse. And fine him or suspend him for violations of his contractual obligation to perpare for his job.

4. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So a person's upbringing has nothing to do with the adult they become?

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Role models? No.

Barely-civilized human beings? Yes.

I'm sick and tired of the bullshit "it's a cultural thing."

The Aztec culture practiced human sacrifice. Some cultures deserve to be wiped out.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You beat me to it.

7. boots

boots New Member

Do you know the type of parents he has? No. But you're blaming them for their son's transgressions? Well hell, lets blame all parent's for their offspring's transgressions!
    The Vicks aren't a dumb clan. True the projects of Newport News is their home but doesn't mean that their parents didn't instill values. People might be born into proverty and live in it but that doesn't mean they are heathens.

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

No, jgmac, it certainly does. But once you're a full grown self-sufficient adult, its no longer a valid excuse.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Excuse? Of course not. But Stoob's absolutism - along with the presumption that everyone knows right from wrong regardless of what they're taught, or by whom, or how - on the point was worth noting.

10. boots

boots New Member

You had the perfect parents and you were the perfect child?
    You have done no wrong in your life right?
    Get the fuck out of here with that bullshit you simple motherXXXXXX
    Because I don't blame the parents for what a 27 year-old man does you try to mock me?
    How fucking dare you.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

So much for keeping it simple. Jeebus stoob grow the fuck up! When someone disagrees with you, POLITELY disagree back. This time you called someone "A Name." I'm not completely innocent of not being an adult (mostly when it comes to football), but this is a serious issue and you're just bringing it down with all this childish bullshit.

As for the point:
    When you're 27 you SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
    However, your upbringing does have a lot to do with how you will behave in the future. Maybe he got away with too much growing up because he was a star athlete, it's happened before. And his parents knew what he was doing but couldn't blow the whistle on what was to become a monetary windfall.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good piece by the AJC today ... http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2007/07/21/0722vickbio.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.