1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VIBE reader poll: Eminem is the best living rapper

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

Exactly. If this list really was about the greatest rapper "alive" then Rakim tops the list without any argument. And if we're talking about rappers who are still relevant this minute, Nas tops the list. No way anyone can put Jay-Z ahead of Nas after Ether and after Hip Hop Is Dead.

2. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Oh you mean that song he did before putting his tail between his legs before joining the same record company as Jay Z? The meaning of that song was lost a long time ago. And Lil Wayne has put out five stellar mix tapes since the last good Nas album.
    I like Nas, but he's not on Mount Rapmore.

3. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

As DD said, Talib Kweli never gets enough credit. His lyrics are phenomenal. I also think Lupe Fiasco's first two albums were stellar. Both Talib and Lupe have a great ability to combine different types of songs on their albums.

4. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Agree completely, DD.

I listened to "Stan" last night for the first time in months, and had to hit the repeat button three times just to wrap my mind around the thing. Easily one of the better, if not the best, songs this decade.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

DD, I agree with your post and I have to say I get somewhat upset when people claim BIG was a better rapper than Pac. BIG had about a 15 good cuts over his whole career. Pac made one of the best albums, Me Against The World, ever made.

I wish Outkast could get back to the kind of stuff they were doing before deciding that they wanted to branch out. I hated their double album, compared to their other stuff like Aquemini, that was such a weak effort.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Still living...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

NoOne that is my favorite hip-hop song of all time.

Rats in the front room, roaches in the back

Amazing song

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Holy shit, that post alone is nearly enough to make me forget I hate you.

Goddamn I love that song. :D

OK, Hate on me all you want but I can't STAND Nas. Part of it may be because I'm unabashedly a Jay girl...but after Illmatic, I don't think he's come close. He's a one-album wonder.

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I'm not a huge Nas fan either, Illmatic was amazing and I am was a decent effort, but for the most part I am not a fan of his stuff.

10. GoochMan

GoochMan Active Member

Keith Murray would be in the conversation if he weren't such a colossal fuck up.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Is he back in jail again? He was nice in the group he had with Redman and Erick Sermon.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Rakim.

after him, everyone else plays for third place.

Draft saved Draft deleted