1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1's World Series of Pop Culture

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

I like the show because it's SO unlike MTV and VHI ... it's not douchey at all, it's not over the top, yet it's not understated with enough irony to choke a moose. Very fun game. Great host.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

It was named after Paul Westerberg.

The Replacements had already released seven albums and appeared on SNL by the time Heathers came out.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

This game is driving me bonkers.

I'm trying not to cheat and put in the answers that I didn't know in the first place when they have duplicates.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll say this ... the TV questions are a helluva lot easier than the ones on the web site.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Huh? Wheredahell you heard that? First formed in 1979, first album release in 1981. Let It Be (1984) was for a while considered the best album of the 80s alternative rock (back when we called it "college rock") scene.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The recorded the ever popular cocktail party staple "Dope Smoking Moron" in '81 or so.

7. pa writer

pa writer Member

Another example of how frustrating the game can be: It asked what two members of 98 Degrees are related. I answered Nick & Drew. It told me I was wrong, then said the correct answer is "Drew & Nick" Son of a bitch.

(And, to save a little face, can I just say I guessed at that one. I didn't actually know it.)

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

How the fuck am I supposed to know that Katharine McPhee spells her first name in such a fucked-up way?

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm with Westerberg High ... because if I heard right, they are from Kansas, right?

10. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

They're from Lawrence, so yes, you SHOULD be rooting for them. Hell, I'm even rooting for them/

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

Does anyone else have a problem with the game not showing up once you get past round one?

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I was rooting for the Carlton Banks Dance Academy, simply because it cracked me up to see CB dancing on Fresh Prince ... but now I'd have to say I'm quite endeared to Fragilay.

Now here's a question. The future Mr. Cougar and I had this discussion yesterday - if you got chosen to go on, what would your team name be? A few thoughts ...

Hillman College Dropouts
    Huxtable Obstetrics
    Emmett Brown's Garage
    McFly!
    Greetings from Melmac
    Kennedy Junior High Field Hockey

Draft saved Draft deleted