1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1's World Series of Pop Culture

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jul 10, 2007.

1. No questions about the newest album from The Carrie Nations?

2. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

And don't forget the dashes, commas and apostrophes.

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

FIND IT!

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The other thing about the online game that drives me insane is how they want you to spell out words like and and the and then other times they're looking for &... very annoying...

I finally broke 5,000 yesterday, but I was aided by more than a few of those bonus categories where you just have to match the picture with the name that are 1,000 times easier than the other bonus categories...

The game would be better if it was all multiple choice where you get more points based on how fast you answer...

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i can't believe folks here didn't get excited about 'westerberg high' being one of the team names

6. Mizzougrad96

True, but the guy said it was a tribute to Paul Westerberg...

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

No, I was very excited. Even told BYH about it via phone yesterday. But yeah, the Paul Westerberg thing kind of lessened it. It's why I'm sticking with Fragilay.

8. I'm vague on my Heathers, but wasn't the high school in the movie named after Paul Westerberg?

9. Mizzougrad96

That would have been too early... Heathers came out in 1989. Westerberg didn't become well-known (at least nationally) for a few years.

If it was a Heathers reference, I'd be rooting for them to win...

10. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Was there heavy breathing? :D

11. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I played twice yesterday and didn't get one Seinfeld question and only 2 Friends' ones. I, too, got tripped up on spelling - I put the apostrophe in the wrong place on Guns N' Roses and in my haste to answer a question, spelled "nineties" wrong. My computer didn't like the section of matching celebs photos and names, unfortuntately. I would have aced that. Instead, I only got the "yes or no" screen and has to guess.

12. Mizzougrad96

I finally got past level 8 and then my computer had the same kind of problems... Addicting game...

Draft saved Draft deleted