1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1's World Series of Pop Culture

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jul 10, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Can't believe the defending champs were eliminated on a tiebreaker about Rocky. What a great episode!

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I thought El Chupacabra would at least get out of the first round, but I didn't think there was any chance in hell they could repeat this year. The show's success last year probably drove an exponentially higher number of people to try to make it on to this year's show. And when you have more contestants, you're going to end up with a stronger field.

By the way, I'm drawing a blank on the original Rocky movie. Didn't they show a fight between Rocky and Spider Rico real early in the movie? I thought that would've counted toward the tiebreaker, but Spider wasn't listed.

3. Citizen --
    They did indeed. I think you've got grounds for appeal.
    I'm already rooting for Team Motherboy for obvious reasons.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm rooting for Fragilay. My favorite team name EVER.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Where is this online game? I want to to try it.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

http://games.vh1.com/online.php?gid=109

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I got to 3550 that time, but it kept giving me survival trivia as my bonus round and I can never get more than 1-2 in a row before missing. Bastards.

8. Bubbler

Wow. Thanks. That shit is hard and I'm old.

Program died with me approaching 1,000 in round 3, but I was most decidedly sucking ass.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Too many Seinfeld questions for me to have a chance. I did way better on the televised show last night.

10. Bubbler

Waaaay too many. As well as waaay too many Friends questions. Fuck Friends.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Plus, it's so dependent on spelling. I didn't know the name was Geller, not Gellar. So I missed that one. And there was one with someone's mother on Buffy being named Shiela. I didn't know, I never watched Buffy, but I'm guessing most would spell it Sheila and then be marked wrong.

12. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I would have done a lot better if I could type faster. Also, the rap metal questions in round eight killed me.

Draft saved Draft deleted