1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1 Classic's "Classic Albums"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by old_tony, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've seen some episodes of this before, with Metallica's Black album and Motorhead's awesome Ace Of Spades among others. (Lemmy Kilmister needs his won reality show IMO.) Might have seen The Who one too.

Great, great show if you love these albums or are just a fan of the creative process. Some of the demos they play are way cool.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The only one of those shows I would really want to watch.

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What, Warrant's Cherry Pie not good enough for VH-freakin-1 Classic?

To hell with them!

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Sounds cool, need to check it out. I was afraid the show would be nothing more than old interview segments.
    They need to jump up and do a White Album one while Sir George Martin is still alive.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Where is Quiet Riot's Metal Health? I need to know the layers of thought that went into the writing of Love's A Bitch.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with all those albums, thank you. Own a lot of them. But I've seen so much about the others from Behind The Music and other specials that I just don't have an interest to watch those rehashed interviews.

Nirvana is different. I don't recall seeing much on the making of that album, which is why I'm curious.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I was in my local FYE the other day, and they had expanded versions of the hour-long shows. I saw "A Night at the Opera" had an extra 40-50 minutes of unaired footage, I'm guessing they did this for all of them.

I personally love this show. They did "Born to Run" at one point, I saw it when they were doing a Springsteen block, and it was fascinating.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

What he said.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

When's the episode about Howard Jones' 'Dream into Action'?

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

right after the Thompson Twins' "Into The Gap."

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I liked the Howard Jones stuff. He knew how to pump up the synthesizer.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Stop messing with Hojo!

The other day I heard No One is to Blame on the radio - just about made my day. Great album.

Draft saved Draft deleted