1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1 Classic Albums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Damn, this is a great show. They're running a marathon of them today, and I just watched the "Who's Next" installment.
    The mechanics of putting the music together is astounding.
    "Dark Side of The Moon" up now.
    To my knowledge, they haven't done a Beatles, Stones, or Dylan record yet, but both "The Band" and the "Electric Ladyland" installmens were great.
  2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Deep Purple had one on there and it was fun to hear about the song classic guitar riff on "Smoke on the Water" and the story. It was great to hear too that the famous riff isn't as big as it sounds on the record.
  3. The Fleetwood Mac ep is good as well. My favorite part of the Pink Floyd show is where they're describing the Great Gig in the Sky solo, which was highly improvised. If I remember right, the singer thought she sounded horrible.
  4. If that's the album with "Pour Some Sugar On Me," then yes, yes I would be surprised.
  5. I was just throwing out a little sarcasm. With apologies to Sportschick, I've always thought Def Leppard was vastly overrated ... to the point I've avoided watching the episode about them. But if you're saying this might actually change my mind I'll give it a shot, eventually.

But by far my favorite moment in any of these shows was when a producer eliminated all the vocals and instruments except for John McVie's bass. He's always been a favorite, especially on Love Will Keep Us Together, but that just cinched it for me.
  6. What does that mean? If you mean the riff is simple to play, yes. It's incredibly simple. If that's not what you mean, I have no idea what point you/they are making.
  7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"Have you evah haad of the Amereecon bond Def Leppard?"
    -- south african dude to my sister at a wedding
Draft saved Draft deleted