1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1 "Behind the Music" returns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Where'd whoooooo goooooo?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me but the first generation of BTM uncovered a lot of stuff that wasn't well known when the bands were at their peak. These days a lot of performers (John Mayer anyone?) get more pub for who they're screwing, what drugs they're doing and how many trips to rehab they've had than for their music.
    I also loved the show Bands Reunited - it didn't matter if I wasn't familar with the band, seeing where people are at today, where they are living and the long-standing feuds that still exist was pretty cool.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Behind the Music kind of ran its course during the first run, and basically ran out of compelling bands to feature. After a decade on the shelf, they've got some newer folks to feature.

Pop-Up Video was also great back in the day, but it's an outdated concept. Nowadays, you can basically find everything from PUV in an artist's Wikipedia entry.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Until recently, there was very little reporting of celebrity's and musician's personal lives, bad behaviors, drug use, etc.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

According to one story I read, it is.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Nothing will ever touch the Motley Crue BTM.

And Poison's may get an update soon.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

"But behind the scenes, things were falling apart."

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

That was outstanding.

9. agreed. I'm more a fan of "Classic Albums"
    I love it when there's a guy by a mixing board isolating some track - for better or for worse. The best is when they wonder aloud why either a riff made it into a song or was buried behind other tracks.
    great stuff

10. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

"Gene in a Bottle" cracked me up way more than it should have.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8wh3o_fat-albert-behind-the-music_music

Draft saved Draft deleted