1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VH1 "Behind the Music" returns

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The network is also ditching most of the celebrity-trash TV.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3iec3c2452ddf8270c14cd59b8ec1ea302

2. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Great move. VH1 Classic, I think, has been preparing for this by doing 'Behind the Music: Remastered', which basically updates some of the episodes/bands already aired.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's awesome. Behind the Music wasn't quite Murrow-esque, but it wasn't just fluff, either. Now, if Pop-Up Videos were to return, the day would be complete.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

First new episode leaked:

5. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Solid.

6. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I saw BTM on Bobby Brown the other day. I enjoyed it.

Don't Be Cruel was the first tape I ever wore out.

7. KG

KG Active Member

I used to like Pop Up Video.

8. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Used to? It's still awesome. The re-runs, of course...

9. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

If the "Skank-o-vision" crap is really going to be gone, then that's a good thing.

Here's the money quote from the story:

"As much as they've enjoyed the 'Love' franchise, our audience was getting a little fatigued by all those manufactured reality shows," said Tom Calderone, president, VH1. "They want more authenticity in their reality, which isn't to say that it can't be comedic and light."

You mean those reality shows weren't really real? :D

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I thought this would be the thread to bring BYH back...

11. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

The problem with making new BTMs is it's been so long since the show was big, they've got a decade of newer people to do shows on and I'll be 90 percent of them will make me say "Who the heck is that?"

12. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Not necessarily. Sounds like they're starting with Christina Aguilera...they could probably do a whole season just on '90s pop/rock acts who either flamed out or went crazy. If they haven't done Puffy yet, he'd be perfect...long as he has a new album coming out anytime soon.

Draft saved Draft deleted