1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

veteran sportswriter available for Saints home games, LSU home football games

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Jim Mashek, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Jim Mashek

Jim Mashek New Member

My name is Jim Mashek and I'm a self-employed sportswriter based in Biloxi, Miss.

I have more than 30 years of sportswriting experience and have worked at six different newspapers, all but one of them in Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas.

I've started my own personal web site, jimmashek.com, and will be covering all Saints home games, and some LSU home football games.

I'll also be at Saints camp at least once during the week, and am already covering high school football on Friday nights on the Gulf Coast.

If you need refererences, no problem. You can reach me or through the web site.

I've worked for two or three dozen papers over the years, when I was still working at my last employer, juggling my duties at that paper with NCAA basketball regionals, NCAA baseball regionals, Saints games and the like.

Anything else you need to know, just ask.

Jim Mashek

Draft saved Draft deleted