1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very sad news about AP sport writer Robert Millward

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Jul 8, 2010.

1. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Upon further review, I've raised my total to 27. I've identified 31 other sports but admittedly that requires splitting horse racing (harness and thorougbreds) and track (indoors, outdoors) and treating swimming and diving as separate sports (which they are at the international level, but not in high school and college).

Waiting for community jamboree day at the local health club so I can add squash, racquetball and handball in one fell swoop.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

My count is hurt by the fact that we don't have sports to cover like water polo, lacrosse, field hockey and equestrian (although cutting horse competitions is close enough for government work, perhaps). Wrestling is catching on in popularity, and high school ice hockey has a toe in the crease thanks to all the StarCenters.

Draft saved Draft deleted