1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very random Kenny Chesney question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 19, 2009.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Now there's an example of a pretty face made ugly by its bearer.

"Your face will freeze like that if you don't wipe off that nasty look!"

Sometimes that old maternal wisdom is true.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Compared to what is coming out of Nashville these days its "He Stopped Loving Her Today" - it has an actual hook, instead sounding like a diary of what slob did one day.
    And Chesney should write a book on "How to become a Country Music star. Picked up the guitar a year out of high school, graduated from East Tenn. State in advertising, hung around Nashville, wrote a gimmick song "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", a name-drop song "I want to know how Jimmy Buffett feels", started working out and wearing sleeveless shirts, married a Hollywood celebrity, and then broke up with her. I'm sure even he would say his singing ability isn't why he's popular. In Nashville, I think the first thing they decide on after they sign you is "hat or no hat?"

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Strangely, that's also a conversation Chesney and Manning have had a few times.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There was a major paper that ran a Q and A with a pro player and they asked him who his favorite actor was...

He said, Rocco Siffredi and it made the paper...

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Damn solid.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Unavailable for comment:

[​IMG]

7. I had to google that ... I'm sorry I did.

8. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

1. Using the phrase "assuming he's straight" is the most regretable thing on this thread (surprisingly, including the inclusion of Renee's disgusting, yet accurate, photo);

2. Renee should have moved permanently to a remote island the second Jerry Maguire wrapped. The world would have been much richer.

9. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Same here.

I'm proud I didn't know who he was, for the record.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I understand the logic, but considering he is Canadian it's a tough jump to make for most Canadian country artists in the best of situations, tougher still when they don't make pop country music and don't get a ton of radio play because of it. He's a throwback, almost now considered more folk than country. Definitely something different. Writes all his own songs, plays his own music. Great story teller.

this is probably my song favourite of his

11. Double J

Double J Active Member

I like "Roughest Neck Around," if for no other reason than the awesome jangly guitar work.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted