1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very random Kenny Chesney question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 19, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Honestly, the name "Skylene" doesn't scream "drag queen" to me.

"Old Buick," maybe. Or "trailer park." But not "drag queen."

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Several years ago I produced a TV special tied to the Academy of Country Music Awards, and one of the people I worked with was a Nashville journalist who covers country music. He was telling me who was likely to do well at the awards and said something to the effect of "Kenny Chesney could have a big night -- got a lot of fans and the industry really seems to be gettin' behind him, which is nice, 'cuz he can't sing a fuckin' note."

3. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

So give it to your first son instead. :D

4. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

Hence her being from west virginia.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I have asked the question that everybody thought was going to be asked here – and I asked somebody In The Biz.

"Yeah, sure seems like he is," was the answer I got.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Let's try not to disrespect Randy Travis. I'm not a huge country fan, but the guy is top-notch.
    Chesney is doing his own thing and drafting off Buffett, and if the music is good I don't have a problem. But I haven't heard a Chesney song that I've been impressed with.

7. The woman on TV -- dumpy in her housecoat, hair short not from style but from lack of effort -- shoots a contentious glance at the news reporter. His accent is neutral, but that passes for outsider in this town.

With a great show of effort she snorts the phlegm through the tubes and expectorates toward the cameraman's feet. She looks into the lens with a sneer,

"Well, her diddy's name's Skyler, 'n mine's Lurleen. That's how we got it smartass."

8. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I liked more of his older stuff, before he got real big. Not huge on the Jimmy buffet stuff although some of it is alright.
    Some one mentioned Brad Paisley before, Chesney can't touch Paisley. Also I feel the need to once again push Corb Lund on you guys. He's finally gained some traction in Canada the last few years, but if you ever get the chance and like actual country music, not the recycled pop stuff, to go see his show or listen to a few of his songs.

9. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Let's not go overboard.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Have to admit, on the list of attributes that might make me want to check out a particular country artist "gaining traction in Canada" is not very high.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Roy Acuff wept, in general.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Sorry in advance for being so dense, but someone's going to have to explain the Peyton Manning thing to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted