1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very random Kenny Chesney question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 19, 2009.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Funny. I have never heard a song by him.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Provably. Demonstrably. And I didn't know the Miss America pageant had a fishnet stocking-off.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

I see just white boxes. Someone please help.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

The only album I like of Chesney's was Songs from an Old Blue Chair -- which was 12 songs that could have been sung (probably better) by Buffett.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

When Kenny first came out, he had some half-decent songs that I still like to listen to from time to time. But yeah, he's latched on to that whole lie-on-the-beach-and-get-hammered shtick and it seems to be paying off for him, so I guess it'll continue. Blah.

I'd rather listen to Brad Paisley any day of the week. Now there's a guy who can sing, write and play the shit out of a guitar. He's not a one-trick pony like Kenny turned into years ago. Oh yeah, and his wife is a knockout from way back. :)

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I believe that is the first time in the history of Teh Internets that the phrase "insane amount of hot women Chesney pulls" has ever been typed without an insane amount of grinning smileys and cheesy smileys to illustrate ... well, that nobody types it in seriousness. :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Just now saw these pics -- I, like my friend and colleague from Central Illinois, had white box issues with the pics -- and now I'm not sure if "West Virginia Hot" is a term, but if it is, then she fits it well.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

didn't she get Miss Congeniality? I heard she's in favor of world peace ...

There's been a couple songs on every one of KC's albums I've liked, but the Buffett wannabe angle is hard to miss. I'm OK with it.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So I'm checking out tonight's Miss USA show on NBC (funny that Miss America, the more prestigious one has to slum it on TLC), trying to figure out which one will get to Fox News first. Though I admit I was stunned when Perez Hilton asked one of them about same-sex marriage and there were cheers from the audience. You've come a long way baby. Miss California apparently didn't win any points from Hilton though, she said she thought a marriage should be a man-woman kind of thing.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, it's finally hit me. In addition to having a drag queen name, Ms. West Virginia's top pic looks like a drag queen trying to look like Lisa Rinna.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Damn you. I was all psyched to name my first daughter Skylene until you called it a drag queen name.

Draft saved Draft deleted