1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very random Kenny Chesney question

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Apr 19, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of all the people asked that question, Nick Swisher would be at the top of my list of Those I Suspect Would Answer Kenny Chesney to the Favorite Musician Question.

2. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Because she really, REALLY liked Kenny Chesney.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Answer to the original question: Because Kenny Chesney is about as mainstream as it gets, and most ballplayers are pretty shallow people.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Me neither, and I was revved up.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Play any three random country songs and mix in a Kenny Chesney song among the three, and I couldn't tell you which one it was. Not a Nashville fan.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Bat, Same here. Which is why I really have no clue what the question I was supposed to ask was. It's sad, but I might have trouble picking Kenny Chesney out of a line-up.

8. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

He's the short one.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Problem is a damn good song, though Chesney seems to have stolen his act from Jimmy Buffett. Not surprised he has a degree in advertising, hell I wonder how many people realize the guy is 40. He can play his own guitar and write some of his own stuff so he's better than half the singers in Nashville.

10. Was he the one that performed on American Idol a few weeks back? I remember that guy playing a little guitar solo and being impressed. Not so much with the solo -- which was short and noodly -- but with the fact that he could do something musical beyond alternate between strumming G chord and poor-man's C chord for three minutes while he sang a song someone else wrote.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

FACT!

He's been drafting off Buffett's heat for years now. Considering how much money Buffett makes that's really not a bad strategy.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I think the person you're thinking of is Randy Travis.

Draft saved Draft deleted