1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Very long story ... perhaps

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mike311gd, Jul 4, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

This, obviously, isn't the aforementioned story. However, before I write it out, I want to see if people will really read this; I know a lot of times when I see a lengthy tale, I'll click away. But I want serious feedback on this.

The story is true and autobiographical, and I'd like some advice -- particularly from the women.

Here's a brief synopsis: Boy meets Girl, the two talk, fall in love, break up, stay friends, get back together, fall back in love, break up, Girl dates other Girl, Boy and Girl lose touch a little then altogether, then much later reconnect and discuss a third round, but Girl needs to come clean about something to Boy, Boy waits and waits and waits ... and waits some more, Boy tells Girl he still loves her, Girl says nothing ... it goes on. ... Boy comes to Message Board. ...

It's much, much more involved than that, so let me know if I should devote an hour or so to a post. Thanks a lot.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm not a lady, but I'd read it.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I definitely want to read it, though I am not a lady either.

4. Colton

Colton Active Member

Mike, let it out, bud. Most people here are great listeners/readers and would help, if possible.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Bring it on!

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Hell, half the board will read it just for the "girl dates other girl" part.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Mike, I second Colton's post. I started an insane Divorce thread and woke up the next day thinking I was going to be ridiculed, instead I received about 40 PMs with advice and condolences and a nice thread to read with others' stories about the process.
    I would post the story and let the nice side of SportsJournalists.com help out.

8. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Mike, I, too, am in a similar boat. Had a great relationship with this one girl. My parents loved her (and still do) and we had a lot of fun, but things went south and we broke up. We are still good friends thankfully, but about a year ago, she tells me that she started dating again. With another girl. Obviously, that was a dropkick to the junk, but I survived. Barely.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My stepmother divorced my biological father and then came out. Far as his children are concerned, it was poetic justice given his inablity to keep his dick in his pants.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Why is that a dropkick to the junk? Hell, if anything that would make me feel better about a relationship that didn't work out. She was into girls all along! I was just so damn sexy that she gave it a whirl with me anyway! I wonder if they'll let me watch.

But maybe that's just me.

Seriously, let's hear this story. Yes, a few jackassess will post the things that jackasses post. But you'll probably get some good advice and a few laughs out of it. Both are good things.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

I have no clue as to who those people are.

Draft saved Draft deleted