1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vero News seeking reporters/photogs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by BertoltBrecht, May 21, 2009.

1. BertoltBrecht

BertoltBrecht Member

I think their heart is in the right place with an online news Web site, but I want to drive and punch the HR person in the mouth over the "lousy pay" comment.

I know it's nothing new and I know a lot of us make shit money, but you don't have to rub it in our faces. They have a new idea, but they've got the same lousy attitude toward reporters.

Company: Vero News, LLC
    Position: Seeking Reporters & Photographers
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: $20,000 to $25,000
    Ad Expires: June 24, 2009
    Job ID: 1055140

Description:
    Competition is back! We're seeking hard-working editor-reporter(s) and tireless photographer(s) for a new online newspaper in a small Florida seaside city that plans to kick the butt of the tired print daily. These are NOT 40-hour a week jobs. If you are looking for a position that will let you spend evenings and weekends working on your golf, go apply to our competitor. We are looking for passionate journalists whose idea of an exciting Saturday night is breaking a story right under the nose of the competition. If you have great news judgment, know AP style, and are ready to work your tail off for lousy pay ($20K to $30K to start) while learning a lot, proving yourself and upgrading your portfolio, you could be the kind of next-generation journalist we are looking for. Email a resume to HR@veronews.com and persuade us in 300 words or less that we absolutely have to talk to you.

2. Well, they're honest, at least.

3. RicketyCricket

RicketyCricket New Member

What a sales pitch!
    I wonder what sweet nothings they'll squish in your ear when you work for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted