1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vermeil and Steve Stone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jeff_Rake, Sep 13, 2006.

1. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Brenly is horrible. Theistard has been ripped on the other thread for his Brad Johnson 180. But that's OK.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

He does have a bit of a bottle nose - although some people find that attractive.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Plus 'Vermeil' is German for 'dolphin's vagina.'

4. Does this mean Steve Stewart is leaving?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Stewart is being let go because apparently, what I heard is that they want an ex-jock in there instead. Stupid, because Stewart is a great PBP guy in my opinion, and is an extremely good guy as well. I knew him from a previous stop and he was as nice as can be. I hope he lands somewhere good. He certainly deserves it. Plus he's got a great, great voice for radio.

6. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I'm sorry ... while Steve Stewart might be a nice guy, he is typical of the "new breed of baseball announcers" - boring, no style and says nothing. Not a Reds fan, but I know plenty who are thrilled he'll be gone next year.

7. An ex-jock? I'm sure Marty will love that. So much for grooming a successor, I guess.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

lantaur, we'll have to disagree about what works then. I see Stewart as the anti-Hawk Harrellson, phoney-baloney voiced, cliche spouting fool. He just calls the game clearly and well. Nothing pretentious or obnoxious. And that was before I had met him.

Besides that, there will always be some fans who hate the announcers for their teams. Hell some people don't like Jon Miller, a guy most people would say is among the very best ever. It happens.

9. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Any organism with a semi-developed brain cell is the anti-Hawk. Somewhere there is a blob of protoplasm that could outthink him.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

And yet Jay Mariotti keeps losing battles of wits to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted