1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verlander Throws MLB's Second No-Hitter Of Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Re: UPDATE: Verlander Has No-No Through Eight

Congrats Mr. Verlander. Throwing 101 in the ninth inning (at least according to the crappy Tigers announcers) ... not too shabby.

Would have been nice to see, oh, I don't know, TONY FUCKING GWYNN COME OFF THE GOD DAMN BENCH! The only damn contact hitter worth a shit lately.

And that murderer's row of Craig Counsell and Tony Graffanino was hitting 1-2.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That cheese is showin through yer scalp, there Bubs

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It was, like was said, the low-80s, knee-paralyzing breaking ball that made him unhittable tonight.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

In this shocking development, Jim Leyland shed tears.

5. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Re: UPDATE: Verlander Has No-No Through Eight

I also thought of that same comparison when those to came up.

Makes me long for the days of Kevin Barry and Jack Voight.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

I believe that gives Verlander the triple crown: a no hitter in high school, college and majors.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's accurate.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Hell of a game. Didn't get to see all of it, but did get to see the 8th and 9th innings.

I will have to wear my Verlander jersey with pride tomorrow now. ;D

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Nice game by Verlander. But Yost, the imbecile, made it easy: 16 straight games, 16 different lineups. Hottest hitter (Braun) resting on the bench, after a day off. Gwynn on bench. Three .200 hitters in the starting lineup tonight (Counsel, Graffanino and Gross).

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

That's my biggest problem with him ... over fucking manages.

That, and "Well I'll let my pitchers work out of jams they get into so I don't shatter their confidence ... not realizing the five runs they give up in one inning could have an affect as well."

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

With the shit Verlander was throwing, I kind of agree with the Krukker. He was going to no-hit anyone.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

[​IMG]

Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So did Tiger fans when he posted Neifi Perez (Arguably the Worst Full-Time Hitter in Baseball History), BA .161, in the starting lineup.

Oh well, when Verlander throws a game like that, you could have Carrot Top playing shortstop and it wouldn't matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted