1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verizon iPhone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by YankeeFan, Feb 2, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Pogue's review:

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I'll be interested in a few years when LTE coverage gets to rural NE Pennsylvania. Hopefully the Verizon iPhone will have LTE by then.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm pissed they came out with this just two months after I got an AT&T iPhone. My fiancee and I wanted to switch to Verizon, which is cheaper and, by all accounts, gets better service in my area, but we wanted iPhones, so we stayed with AT&T and locked into 2-year contracts. FML.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think it costs $200 to switch.

The ONLY reason I didn't get a iPhone was because of having to go with ATT. But, I'm paying so little for my cellphone at this point, I don't see myself switching.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'm amazed that Verizon is cheaper than anything anywhere.

Here's what I know about cell phones:

Verizon: Most expensive
    ATT: Drops the most calls
    Sprint: Cheapest/Best customer service

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

My wife awoke at 3 a.m. to order hers this morning. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until next year :(

7. I'm always amazed at the people who say they've had all kinds of problems with AT&T. I've been with them since 2001 and have gone through the AT&T to Cingular to AT&T transformations and I've never had a problem with the service or customer service. And now that the town I live in and the town I work in both have 3G coverage, the service is even better.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The apt. I'm sitting in at the moment in downtown Los Angeles gets zero bars on my wife's Verizon, but full bars on my AT&T iPhone. That said, my friends who work in Santa Monica (at, for instance, the Yahoo HQ there) get zero iPhone reception.

At any rate, I'm hanging on to my iPhone until Version 5 comes out this summer; among other advances, it will have the iPay app on it, which will revolutionize consumer transactions.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How big a city are you in?

As Pogue's review points out, places like New York & San Francisco had the most problems.

There are dead zones here in Chicago. China Town Square gets no ATT reception. None. And it's been that way for years. I don't understand how they could let something like that go on for so long.

And, I still drop way to many calls.

10. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

My wife picked hers up in November. I was thinking of getting a iPhone 3G for $49, but the Verizon version supposedly has better coverage. I am month-to-month on T-Mobile and am still trying to decide.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

With Verizon, you have 3G pretty much nationwide. AT&T 3G service is spotty outside metro areas. Verizon is saying LTE will be nationwide in 2013, which is a big deal for those in rural areas.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What do people pay a month for their Iphone plans

Draft saved Draft deleted