1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verizon customers: VZ wants to sell your personal information

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Mar 8, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Spam text messages sent to your cell phone.

Greatly increased chance of identity theft.

Bothers you yet?

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Honestly, no. Anyone who wants to steal my identity is welcome to it. It's almost certainly worth less than theirs.

They are giving the option of opting out.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And if you're still getting paper statements, they even bothered to tell you about it. If you're one of those people who doesn't bother reading the flyers they toss in with your bill, you're screwed and sold.

4. RickStain

That is pretty weak.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. It is their method that bothers me more than anything.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Nope and nope. My credit is shit, all my cards but one are maxed out or over the limit, and I have nothing worth stealing. And I have unlimited texts.

Next?

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I couldn't care less what Verizon does, they have THE best customer service people I have ever dealt with. They want to sell my info, go ahead. They go above and beyond the call whenever I have a billing issue.

8. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I have a Verizon wireless card. I don't get paper from them and haven't seen any notice about this.

I am actually absolutely amazed that there would be people on this board who haven't signed up for the national No Call List. It's free. It works.

9. RickStain

I'm very, very lonely.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm on it. Yet some asshole telemarketer still tried my cell phone 10 times one evening.

11. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Report them. I've found that the state of Florida actually follows up on complaints (we're also in its list). Of course the company didn't get fined or anything, but they never called again. Sprint.. four straight calls from different people with Indian accents but names like Greg and Mary....

Draft saved Draft deleted