1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verducci with a darn good piece about A-Rod

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double Down, Sep 19, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=Apuroxe2bcMRh6TxiuXUqPcRvLYF?slug=ap-yankees-giambi&prov=ap&type=lgns
    After reading this I wonder if A-Rod would say something to Joe Torre about Giambi hurting the team because he is playing hurt?

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'd love to see the WWL extend that statistical survey to 12-15 of the game's biggest
    current hitting stars. Think you'd be surprised.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

When it comes down to it
    Why the FUCK does this postseason mean anything more than any other postseason ARod has been part of?

It he's hitting .105 against a Wagner or Ryan, then he's probably hitting .450 against others who don't throw as hard in a closer's role... Todd Jones, Tom Gordon, Trevor Hoffman and the like.

Fucking virtuoso asshat-ery going on on this board.

4. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

If I have to say it again I will. This is way A-Rod career will never be what it could have been.

5. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Anglais, s'il vous plait.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Probably, Mr. Falk, because this is A-Rod's best chance to GET to the World Series
    since he came over to $220,000,000land. And given his petulant, self-centered remarks (esp. recently),
    the interrogation lights are going to be real hot, next month.

Can't wait.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Self-centered?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

This postseason is ZERO different than any other.

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

How about just winning a championship to go along with his gaudy regular season stats and that $25 million annual salary? How about getting the clutch hits in October instead of just racking up stats April thru September?

It's that simple - if he does well in the playoffs this year AND the Yankees win it all, he'll be looked at in a much more positive light.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, cos Ernie Banks is a POS cos he didn't win a title. Dan Marino? He's no Trent Dilfer.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit what ARod or any other player makes? It's Steinbrenner's money, and he's got plenty -- as does any and every professional sports franchise owner.

11. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I think Joe Q. Public pulling down $8.50 an hour to work a non-union factory job cares.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And if given the chance, he probably would have done what A-Rod did -- take the money.

Draft saved Draft deleted