1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verducci rails on cranky old blogger Chass

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Cousin Jeffrey, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The way he spits out "The blogger" reminded me of Murrow saying "The Junior senator" when referring to McCarthy in Good Night and Good Luck.

So much disdain attached to that term here, and knowing how much it will bother the person being described. Chass' bile deserved no less.

The blog:

http://www.murraychass.com/?p=2700

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A lot of pissiness all the way around.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't read, never did read, Chass. Did he used to be better? Those first two grafs weren't even written well. I'd heard his name, and assumed he was good at what he did.

Was I wrong?

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I enjoyed the pissyness... thought it a nice smackdown by Verducci

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A great deal of energy here being expended on bad information and hurt feelings. Jesus. Baseball, and the apparatus of nostalgia-making used to sell baseball, continues to embarrass everyone it touches.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Is pissyness/pissiness supposed to be spelled with an i or a y?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The pursuit of (how to spell) pissyness.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

This vendetta goes back to when Verducci was at Newsday and Chass was at The Times.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's OK. Someday Verducci will be put out to pasture and someone will come along and blast him for doing something stupid.

Hey, Verducci, Roger Clemens still eating spinach to get in shape?

11. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

Well, that was a couple minutes of my life I won't get back.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

i know and respect(ed?) both combatants here. and i'm thoroughly disappointed and repulsed that they have been reduced to this... but then baseball writers (in general) have always been the most egotistical, self-important pompous asses in this profession.

that said, i expect little more than bitter blog rantings from murray, whose stellar career at the times did not end pretty. i am more disappointed in tom, still on top of the heap at s.i. he should have more discipline/self-control than to go after a guy who's been reduced to being a total non-entity to the general public after a loooong career as the no. 1 baseball writer for the no. 1 paper in the country. for shame...

Draft saved Draft deleted