1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Verducci On Clemens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 23, 2008.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I ask this because I haven't been following all this too closely, plus I'm too lazy to do the research:

This weekend, one of the NY Times' stories (maybe a column) included, somewhere deep in it, Rusty Hardin saying Clemens has said in the past he might have visited the Canseco party for a brief time.

I thought Clemens was denying ever being there at all.

Is this new? If he's now saying he might have dropped by, that could (perhaps to oneatly) explain the picture and everything else. But like I say, I thought he had always been giving a categorical denial on ever being at the party, period.

Is the argument over how long he stayed?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone still want to take Verducci seriously on this issue?

From today's column on how "improved fitness" tops the 10 biggest lies told in spring training:

And unless you're on the Sylvester Stallone body-by-syringe workout program, I have a hard time believing that a ballplayer in his late 30s is in better shape than he was in his early 20s/

Hmmm. You didn't seem to have a hard time believing it when the player was in his early 40s.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Ha - You beat me to it BYH. Here is link to full column.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/tom_verducci/02/26/baseball.shape/index.html

Draft saved Draft deleted