1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vegas Bookie: A-Rod Bet on Baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 11, 2009.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

If you think you’ve heard it all the past few weeks with leaks from Selana Roberts’ bio of Yankees’ slugger A-Rod you better take a deep breath. In a six month investigation IUC has learned Alex Rodriguez has bet on professional sports for years, including major league baseball. This according to a Las Vegas bookie who claims he’s received millions of dollars in bets from A-Rod over the last nine years. “I’ve been following all the hype around Ms. Roberts’ upcoming book,” “Red” told IUC. “But it appears she missed out on covering his biggest crime, betting on pro sports. He’s a compulsive gambler.” “Red” would not reveal whether or not A-Rod bet on Yankees’ games. The last name player to admit gambling was Pete Rose, who was barred from America’s favorite pastime for life. “Rose is an angel compared to Alex,” “Red” added. “Alex is the biggest gambler I’ve ever met amongst athletes. He needs professional help.” Developing… http://ianundercover.com/2009/05/04/iuc-world-exclusive-did-a-rod-bet-on-baseball/

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Waiting to see what Green has to say.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I call bullshit.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

deeper_background + Ianundercover + "Red" the bookie = total bullshit/zero credibility

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The link was posted a week ago and not a word from anybody. I just can't imagine why. ::)

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Is "Red" Pete Rose?

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

All he needs to do is produce a couple of e-mails or taped telephone conversations and we'll clear up this matter in a few minutes. Absent that, let's go on to the next matter at hand.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Also, A-Rod was the second shooter on the grassy knoll, stole the Lindberg baby, and was spotted attempting to purchase yellow cake uranium in Nigeria.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I knew it! He probably planted the explosives in the Twin Towers too, didn't he?

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

he also stole christmas

11. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Love the "developing...."

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

ARod helped Josh Hancock find his car keys.

Draft saved Draft deleted