1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Veep" on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Does SportsCenter give Spoiler Alert warnings yet?

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Not even close. Adlon has a weather-beaten look and doesn't have the body to match.

But Christie Brinkley is fantastic for 60.

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

KJIM, Julia Louis-Dreyfus always was the best actor on Seinfeld, but talent goes beyond that

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

And Diane Lane would like to remind you all that she turns 50 in January 2015. But kind of back on-topic - Friggin' love this show. I just caught up on the end of this season, and it's probably my favorite comedy of the 2013-14 season so far. The first couple episodes of the show's first season were indeed rough, but it gets better from there, and the show really hits a strong groove once you get to season two.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

anyone watching the new season

sgreenwell likes this.
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup. Fantastic as usual. The showdown with Gary last week was tremendous.

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

New season is awesome, and this remains my favorite half-hour TV show. The attempt to rehabilitate Catherine's image was incredible. And from her private conversations with staff, you can probably see the kernel that Selina was probably more like Catherine before the political process.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I loved this week's episode. The stuff at the lobbyist was a little lightweight, but the rant by Amy at Selina's friend and then Selina was amazing.

sgreenwell likes this.
  9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

At the risk of it becoming political, can you imagine how fucking awesome it would feel to be in position to go off on a president like that? Any president.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Doesn't have to be political at all. That was an awesome scene. But I sure hope that doesn't mean we won't be seeing Anna Chlumsky any more.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Selina will ask her back. After the rant she picked Amy's choice for VP and fired her idiot friend.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think that they should make her a little more competent as President. Not too much, but she's been a little too pathetic at times.

Draft saved Draft deleted