1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Veep" on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Even Carnivale got two seasons.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I liked the first episode. The sets seemed a little cheap looking, but JLD was very good

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

TVols, I loved No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency as well. Jill Scott was great. Shame it didn't catch. I'm fact, I think it got a season order of fewer than 10 episodes.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah, IIRC, it was shot on location in Africa. Gotta be expensive, even for HBO.

5. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

Louie, the Louis C.K. television series, is on FX. It also has run for two seasons and season three is set to start airing at the end of June 2012.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He had a sitcom called "Lucky Louie" that was on HBO for a season. It wasn't very good.

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Great third episode. One of the best lines was the White House liaison asking the VP's daughter: "I can see right through your blouse. Is it designed that way?"

Another quote from the liaison: "This rapist face gets 8s ... consensually I might add."

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Net Worth: $3 Billion

9. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I like the concept of the show better than its execution most of the time. Sometimes it really does hit the mark.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I just started watching Veep. I think its fantastic.

Rat-a-tat lines like 30 Rock in its prime.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was late to the party and caught up with the first two seasons last fall with OnDemand. I'm kind of glad I didn't see all the negativity on the first page of this thread. I think it's great.

Draft saved Draft deleted