1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Veep" on HBO

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Stitch, Apr 22, 2012.

1. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Man, that was a terrible episode. Not funny.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I thought it was pretty funny, and I will be watching all season. However, I was watching at 2 a.m. and have been running on lack of sleep for a few months due to new babyitis

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not funny. Not clever. Not enjoyable whatsoever.

JLD needs to get on the phone and hire some ex-Seinfeld writers, stat.

4. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

That episode was wildly weird. I chuckled maybe twice. But the show has a cool premise and I like the idea. It's kinda funny, too. Mostly, though, I watch to get me between GoT and Girls.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just watched the first one... Awful...

Chlumsky is gorgeous. In addition to White Collar, she was also on Covert Affairs.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Watched the second one in 5 minute intervals. There is no way this show lasts.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Interesting what a 'love it/hate it' proposition black comedy seems to be.

8. TigerVols

BTW, both Veep and Girls received the obligatory second-season greenlight from HBO yesterday.

I read one commenter call Veep "Arliss 2.0" which may or may not go over well around here.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's pretty rare for a HBO show to only get one season. I can't remember if Louie was on HBO or Showtime, I think it was HBO, but I think that was a pretty rare exception. The Comeback was another one. Luck. I'm sure there are others...

10. TigerVols

Technically, Luck got two.

A show I really enjoyed -- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency -- only had one season. Of course, the driving force behind the show, Anthony Minghella, died during production.

11. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The infamous "John From Cincinnati" justifiably only got one season. The show where Rebecca De Mornay played the mother of Brian Van Holt's character even though he is only ten years younger than her.

Draft saved Draft deleted