1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vecsey/Post sued for libel by espn's Chris Sheridan

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 21, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I'm the biggest Magic guy around but Magic criticizing someone for being bad on TV? What's his next tweet going to be? A shot at Chevy Chase for being a disastrous late-night host?

2. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

So a thread on the <b>Journalism</b> board about one reporter suing another veers off into a discussion about who won some stupid basketball award years ago?

Time to narrow the fanboi gate.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Vecsey is one of the most universally despised big-time writers out there and based on what I've seen, it's completely justified.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

For folks scratching their heads about an accurate usage of the word irony, I am pretty sure that Peter Vecsey calling out another reporter for rumor mongering is a super example.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

No shit... This guy may have invented throwing shit against the wall and hoping something sticks.

6. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/04/18/sheridan-v-vecsey-has-been-settled-out-of-court/

7. That's a lot of work just to get this note.....

Editor’s Note: In his column of December 14, 2010, “Knicks Don’t Have Best Shot at ‘Melo”, Peter Vecsey commented on the Dec. 12, 2010 report by Chris Sheridan, at the time a reporter for ESPN.com, that Carmelo Anthony had told the Denver Nuggets that if he was traded, he would only sign a maximum contract extension to the New York Knicks. In strong language, Vecsey expressed his skepticism about the condition but did not intend to suggest and did not suggest that Sheridan had fabricated his story. A lawsuit brought by Sheridan has been settled to the parties’ mutual satisfaction.

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

On the other hand, who would know better?

9. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Don't hurt Sheridan's feelings as you'll end up in court.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In a related story, shockey has sued versatile for insisting that Bill Walton didn't deserve the Sixth Man award

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm not the biggest Magic guy around, and those were stupid tweets. (Whew, I hadn't said "stupid tweets" in at least 20 minutes today. Much better.)

12. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I have no idea why I started this thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted