1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VCU's goin' dancin'!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by lone star scribe, Mar 9, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You think fans of CAA teams give a shit about Baltimore pro teams? I understand that non-CAA fans from Baltimore might attend, but these things are mainly attended by CAA fans, no?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

In Richmond, this is one of the biggest sporting events of the year.

Moddy can correct me, but I think the CAA Tourney ranks behind the two NASCAR races and one IRL race, and that is the list.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

He said on the local news, which is different than figuring out who would attend. This would be a VERY low priority, I would agree, for a city like Baltimore when distributing coverage.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

What would the rotation be, then? Richmond, Baltimore and ...

5. JackReacher

My bad. Skimmed right over the local news thing. Had my mind stuck on attendance, I suppose.

From a personal standpoint, the trip to Richmond isn't bad on the weekend. Good bars, etc...Baltimore would be nice. AC would be saweeeet.

6. imjustagirl

I'm glad SOMEONE still gets to enjoy dollar burger night at Cap Ale. Go back tonight for Keep Your Glass night.

Oh, and get a Bavarian pretzel.

7. JackReacher

Yeah. That place was solid. I remember seeing they had a special for just about every night, correct?

That place is a must-go on any future trips to Richmond from now on...which means next year at the CAA tourney prolly. :)

8. imjustagirl

Oh yeah. Dollar burgers on Mondays, keep the glass night on Tuesday ... I can't remember the rest. The late-night menu is pretty solid too, though I heard they'd done away with the $1.99 dogs (the one with bacon and cheese was good, but deadly).

My first order every time: Bavarian pretzel and a tall Purple Haze. Mmmmm.

9. JackReacher

Wow. That sounds effing delicious right about now. Or anytime, really. I always sleep on the Purple Haze. Damn good beer.

I went with the cheeseburger. Three of us split some fries, which came with like five dipping sauces! And drank a couple Blue Mountain beers. Kinda like Blue Moon; very tasty. We were kinda in a rush or we would have enjoyed a few more frosty beverages.

10. Diego Marquez

Diego Marquez Member

Brett Blizzard??? Brett Blizzard!!!
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A CAA Tournament in Philly might draw as many fans as the current Metro Conference Tournament does. Philly doesn't turn out for the pros or fill the big arenas for Villanova. I can't imagine Drexel games are even staffed unless there's nothing else going on in the city.

CONGRATS MODDY!!!

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This is the place with the row of ice to rest your pint, right?

12. JackReacher

We were debating the merits of Blizzard and Maynor last night on the way home from the game. Blizzard was a poor man's J.J. Redick. All he could do was shoot. I'll take Maynor any day of the week.

You know who I will NOT take? Andre Cornelius. Worst Division I basketball player in the country; hands down. Someone give me Coach L's e-mail address!!! Sorry, minor rant over.

Draft saved Draft deleted