1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Various Things That Piss You Off" rolling thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RokSki, Jan 28, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Went to Subway today for lunch.

Young punk in front of me on his phone. You know the guy who talks REALLY LOUDLY just to let everyone know how busy and important he is. Makes me laugh every time.

"You're a fuckin' sales rep for Lays Potato Chips. Get over yourself"

Guy behind the counter keeps asking "Cheese on that?" "Tomato and lettuce?". Guy on the phone ignores him then kinda barks at the guy, "Yeah, yeah, hold on". Goes back to his phone conversation for about 10 more seconds then finallyh answers him. I thought the counter guy was gonna shove the sub right in his face.

People like that should have their head stuffed in a vat of jalapenos.

Oh, and in general people who treat service people in restaurants or hotels like they're the hired help are right at the top of my shitlist.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good call, JR.

Add to that list:

People who don't tip.

People who tip shitty because they didn't like the food.

Oh, and any thread dominated by JDV. Seriously. Enough all ready.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Funny you mention that. When I went to my parents' for Christmas, my dad told me he wanted to go get a Piss on Chevy sticker.

Apparently, his buddy's chevy was fine up until like 75K, when the transmission blew out (2900) and the back end (not sure what on it) gave out.

He then bought a Ford.

So to razz his buddy a little, he wanted to get him one of those annoying pieces of shit for his Ford.

4. Whatever.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I tend to avoid the threads which interest me very little, so this JDV guy has pretty much been an unknown to me. However, I did see the spat with spup (who in my book is pretty cool) in that locked thread.

In 100 words or less, what's the deal with this JDV? Whatever.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He sucks.

He doesn't think so.

People speak truth to insanity.

Whatever.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

This could get interesting.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I guess the reasons why I'm asking are:

1) I've never heard of John D. Villareal, but considering I think competitive powerlifting is silly, it's not surprising JDV is an unknown to many.

2) I thought the days of standing in front of others and claiming that not only does "kicking ass rock, but so does banging chicks" ended when most of us were in junior high. The fact that this guy is making this claim to fame makes me laugh and create a mental image of this guy going up to a woman and saying, "Baby, I can lift you, your car and your purse all at once," only to get a knee to his tiny little cocktail weenie of a "member".

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

"JDV" AND "100 words or less" are mutually exclusive.

To quote a colleague of mine about another one, "Ask Frank for a piece of thread and he'll knit you a sweater".

I like JDV. He's the best unintentional comedy around.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Girls.
    Boys who wear girls pants.
    People who don't speed up when the light turns yellow.
    People who call any media outlet to complain about something I have no control over.
    Serena Williams for learning how to play tennis again and keeping all the hot photos of Sharapova outta the papers.

11. cubs

cubs Member

People on their Nextel

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

cubs[/hockeybeat]

Draft saved Draft deleted