1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Various stuff at MLB.com

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by NDub, Feb 2, 2007.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

http://jobsearch.mlb.careers.monster.com/

-----------------------------------------------------
    MLB.com is hiring full and part-time positions including:

Stats Stringer
    Score MLB games from the press box.

Sports Reporter
    Cover live MLB games across the country, as well as MLB news of the day off the field.

Pitch f/x Operator
    Track every pitch for television, Internet and stadium video production.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Is this the same false advertising it usually is?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I would assume so, yes. I applied for it last year and never heard from them.

But then, I suck, so that could be it as well.

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

It may be a bit misleading. They're probably looking for people to cover the Minor Leagues since they're always adding more teams in the lower levels in addition to the Triple-A and Double-A coverage. It's not a bad part-time gig, though, and if you're looking to get into baseball, it's a great way to get your foot in the door. That being said, I wouldn't apply for this if you live more than an hour's drive from NYC, where the office is.

5. Larrbear

Larrbear Member

Ummm, I highliy doubt these jobs are in the chelsea office. In fact, I doubt these jobs even exist. These are ones posted on the monster website every february, for every team and I've never heard of someone hearing back from them. We had this same topic last year, and collectively came to the conclusion these jobs (supposedly in the respective stadiums, not the manhattan office) dont exist. Must be some agreement between mlb.com and monster to post them. Notice how none of these openings are on the job site at mlb.com....

6. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Just once? I applied every single year for five consecutive years. And I have not heard a peep - EVER.

Although, I personally e-mailed some writers employed by MLB Advance Media and they all said there's been one or two openings the past few years.

False advertising at its best.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I apologize. I had no idea it was like this. My bad.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I don't understand how blatant false advertising like this is legal.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Redswriter thinks this is legit.

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

From my good & reliable sources, there are absolutely NO full-time positions open for writers at MLB.com. None. Nada. Zilch. Zero. Nil. Aught.

11. fleishman

fleishman Active Member

not a surprise...

12. boots

boots New Member

This type of shit has to end and it will when people begin calling places like MLB out. They're not the only ones here doing this. There are a lot of hungry journalists who take a lot of time and effort not to mention money to send a package.
    It's another reason why this business keeps its eye black.

Draft saved Draft deleted