1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vantage Point

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by markvid, Feb 25, 2008.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Movie just opened Friday. I'd highly recommend it, many twists and a car chase that rivals a Bond movie.

2. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

I had wanted to see it, but our critic (who generally is on top of things) said it wad horrendously bad.

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

But for the love of God -- he's barreling down alley-wide streets at 70 MPH, just missing pedestrians who are ducking for cover, skimming in and out between cars as he passes them with a half-inch to spare....AND HE'S MAKING CALLS ON HIS CELPHONE!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The trailer was better than the movie. But I thought it was good. The car chase was great (anybody know what kind of car that was?) but I think most of it was CG (considering the crowded sidewalks, though I don't know what the OSHA rules are like in Mexico where it was filmed).
    Would have liked a little more backstory, but I do think the filmmakers succeeded in making a conventional action movie less conventional.
    And why couldn't they have had another car swerve away from the little girl and into the path of the ambulance?

5. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Darn. I misread and thought this was going to be a thread about the early '70s movie "Vanishing Point," which as a 15-year-old or so, I thought was cinema's greatest contribution to our culture.
    "Mississippi Queen." Indeed.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Greatest movie car chase: French Connection.
    Second-greatest movie car chase: What's Up Doc?

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Salamanca doesn't have hands-free laws.

Draft saved Draft deleted