1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanna White's blog transcends journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Sep 14, 2010.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

plungers usually work better than coat hangers. try that first.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

My comment is posted!

Did I capture the flavor of the blog with my post?

3. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Why the hell is Vanna White eating instant mashed potatoes?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

She weighs 115 pounds and looks great.

So the question is why aren't you eating instant mashed potatoes?

5. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

LOL at you all.

I used to think Pat Sajak was tool No. 1, but then I saw him on Celebrity Jeopardy and he came across as genuine and did very well.

Also, I thoroughly enjoyed the comment on the blog. So no one else has to go searching:

Be a Contestant
    September 3, 2010 10:00 AM | Permalink | Comments (2)
    Would you like to spin and win on Wheel? You could get the chance to audition to be a contestant by attending a Wheelmobile event!

What is the Wheelmobile? It's 39 feet long, 13 feet high and bright yellow. It rolls through cities, down highways and into America's heartland. Wherever it stops, huge crowds are waiting. It's giving fans all over the country the chance to try out for America's favorite game show. The Wheelmobile serves as the preliminary screening process before the final Wheel of Fortune contestant audition.

What happens at a Wheelmobile event?Thousands of fans fill out applications and gather in front of stage with a traveling version of the famous Wheel and puzzleboard. Applications are drawn at random throughout the event, calling individuals on stage in groups of five to participate in a brief interview, play a version of the Wheel of Fortune speed-up round and win special show-themed prizes.

The most promising candidates are invited back to participate in final auditions for the show, usually held at a later date in the Wheelmobile host city. At the final auditions, Contestant Coordinators look for enthusiastic individuals who are good puzzle solvers, and they invite them to appear on the show.

Wheelmobile events and auditions do not guarantee you a spot on the show, but they sure are a lot of fun! Click here to learn more.

2 Comments
    By dolores roberts on September 14, 2010 7:12 PM

i have been watching wheel for many years and would love to appear on your show.

By 93devil on September 15, 2010 10:23 AM

Is it important to be a good speller? I spell good, but I am not the best. I like watching Wheel of Fortune a lot. I like to solve the puzzles while I am watching. Many times I do before the people on the show!

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pat Sajak also attends Caps games. He's cool by me.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hereby lobbying SNL for Celebrity WOF. Suck it Sajak!

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

He was a regular during Dodgers playoff games too. About five or six seats over from Mary Hart behind home plate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted