1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanna White's blog transcends journalism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mustangj17, Sep 14, 2010.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

These little entries are priceless. They remind me of deep thoughts by Jack Handley, or things that I tweet when I am drunk.

Here's my favorite entry so far:

I was cleaning out my pantry and found an old half-empty box of instant mashed potatoes, which I hadn't used for a couple of years. I washed its contents down the garbage disposal, just like I always do with any leftover food. About an hour later, I was at the sink again washing out a mug when I realized that the water was not going down the drain. It was clogged. Oh my gosh, the instant potatoes swelled up in the pipes! I tried to unstop it with a plunger but that didn't work. I had to call a plumber and on a Sunday! Well, two hundred dollars later, I learned my lesson. Be careful what you put down the garbage disposal!

By the way, this happened to me once before with collard greens. So, don't put cooked greens down the drain either!

http://www.vannastyle.com/blog/

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Here's another lovely entry:

Coffee PotApril 26, 2010 6:00 PM | Permalink | Comments (1)
    Do you make coffee in a coffee pot everyday? I've heard that you should brew a bottle of distilled white vinegar through it to clean all the coils. After I pour the vinegar in and let it brew, I then run a cycle of water through it to take away any vinegar that might be lingering. I make a mark in my calendar to do this once a month. I think it helps keep away that muddy taste that coffee has sometimes.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You also have to admire her dedication to keep blogging fairly frequently.

It must take a good deal of time, considering that she has to turn around each letter one at a time.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

No, she doesn't turn them. She just touches them and they magically light up.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

My mom used to do that. Stinks like hell.

And how long before there's a Fake Vanna White Twitter account?

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My wife was watching Wheel Of Fortune the other night. How old are Pat and Vanna these days? Has Vanna surpassed the original Price Is Right models in terms of longevity?

The show has been on since the mid 80s, so both have to be in their mid 50s, at least.

7. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Wikipedia says Vanna is 53.

And speaking of Vanna and The Price is Right models, an interesting bit of trivia: Vanna was a contestant on TPIR back in the early '80s before she was on Wheel.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Give her credit. Vanna has made a nice career for herself.

9. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

why is anyone on this board reading vanna's blog?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So I guess Vanna must live in her parents' basement.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

shouldn't all her tweets be posted with spaces instead of letters, with her followers tweeting guesses?

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

@mysterymeatII T_O B_ _ K _H_ _K

Draft saved Draft deleted