1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanity plates

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Quality fucking programming that was.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Remain dumbfounded at the broad obliviousness of Virginia DOVs.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

It totally was!

And I have a vanity plate. My grandmother bought it for me when I was 21 and in the process of buying my first car. It's a family nickname and the year I was born. Anybody who doesn't like it doesn't have to look at it, or they can honk on bobo. Whatever works. :)

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I think plates should look like they were made in a prison. Always liked Texas' simple whites and the California blues.

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

We don't let criminals do such tough, demeaning work. Our tax dollars have to go to feeding them, caring for their needs and making sure they "get their feelings out" and make them "feel like they belong in our society' once they are "reformed."

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I hate vanity plates. I would make an exception for that one.
    Tremendous.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

See, I always hated plain, boring plates (hi Virginia) or places that never ever change the design (looking at you N.C.).

9. Cyrus

Cyrus Member

10. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, there was a Jamaican guy in my neighborhood with "MON". I think that's the only one I've ever seen that's made me laugh.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not a vanity plate, but I was behind a guy at the bank machine today who had this on a bumper sticker ...

[​IMG]

Funny, but also pathetic he put it on his car.

What was more disturbing was that he sat in the parking lot after he got his cash long past the time it would take to put it in his wallet. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's solid.

Draft saved Draft deleted