1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanity Licence Plate Giant Fail. And Ted, hand in your man card.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Apr 6, 2010.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So HC & I are driving to work this morning and she spots (on a minivan, of course) this vanity licence plate

Judi Ted

A few questions:

1) Why does anyone feel compelled to have a vanity licence plate anyway? Are they that fucking insecure?
    2) Ted, did Judi promise you a blowjob-a-day if you agreed to the plate? What other reason would there be to subject yourself to this?
    3) Why is it "Judi Ted" as opposed to "Ted Judi"? Rhetorical question. We know the answer
    4) Why is it "Judi" instead of the, you know, normal "Judy"?
    5) Does Judi put a little heart over the "i" when she signs her name? (HC bet that she does)

We passed the van and Judi was driving of course. We couldn't see Ted but he may have been ordered to ride in the back.

This is how we amuse ourselves during our non-freeway fifteen minute drive to work.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

In the U.S. we have this game where we try to find a license plate for each of the 50 states.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Do you count front license plates too? Sometimes the front plates are novelty plates. Since they aren't "real plates" my family decided not to count them. Because of this, I have never spotted a Hawaii plate. Damn.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I spotted an Alaska plate last week. Dude is a long way from home.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I drive a minivan. And I have a vanity licence plate. Not because I'm insecure....I just feel like everybody should share in my utter awesomeness. :D

In seriousness, it was a present from my late grandmother when I bought my first car.

As for the Judi vs Judy thing, both are short for Judith with an i, so you could plausibly argue that Judi should be the official diminutive.

Still, JR, a very funny post. Poor Ted - hey, I wonder if it's Ted the Canadian Tire guy?! :)

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

A few years ago I closed a long search in attempting to find all 50 states' license plates by locating a Hawaii plate. Like A_QB said, they were a long way from home.

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"Judi Farted" wouldn't fit.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I know a woman who has 'I LUV MIKE' on her plates, which is great except on the days when Mike is driving the car.

9. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I have one, and in my case there were two factors. 1.) I wanted to support a cause and 2.) I wanted one less thing in my life under government control. A small measure, to be sure, but you know, they're in my life enough as it is. If that's insecurity, so be it.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Vanity tags are different than specialty tags in my state, although you can get one that's both.

Are there any states left that don't offer specialty tags? Here, we have so many to choose from it's tough to decide. On in-state road trips, the license tag bingo can be replaced with just speciality tags.

When I lived in my non-home state, I chose a vanity tag that reminded me of my hometown. Before I moved there, I had a specialty tag that recognized my university. Now back there again, I have the ugly standard plate for now but next year I'll for for another speciality.

Driving back to the Panhandle from the shuttle launch yesterday, we saw more Michigan plates than any other out-of-state cars combined.

As for "Judi Ted," perhaps the other car is "Ted Judi."

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I park behind a car with Alaska plates every day. And I often see another truck with Alaska plates as I'm leaving work each day. Weird.

12. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

I think maybe someone needs to find a better morning drive radio show. :) Or take up the slug-bug game.

Draft saved Draft deleted