1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanilla Coke Back?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, May 29, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

So I was downstairs in the little convenience store the building my office is in has getting a drink, when there on the shelf sat bottles of Vanilla Coke! New label and all, so the woman who runs it didn't just bring a hidden stash out after years in a closet buried under gaudy purses and stale Mr. Goodbars. I didn't hear about this before. And not only am I happy, but so is the good Captain Morgan, who mingles especially well with that particular cola.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I thought I saw Vanilla Coke at a CVS about a week ago. The labels did look different, but I didn't look that closely and haven't been in a CVS to look the last couple of days.

Will have to check it out today or tomorrow.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That is good news. My addiction to diet cherry vanilla Dr Pepper may now cease.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I can count the number of sodas on my hands that I've drank in the past three years.

I drank one Monday because I won it in a golf match. I quickly remembered why I don't drink 'em. Yech.

5. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I noticed that Pepsi brought back the diet Black Cherry Vanilla Pepsi as well for a limited time. I got hooked on those while travelling to D.C. for a family reunion. Good stuff.

6. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

They could be back as a summer special. Seems like soft-drink manufacturers are doing that a lot.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Sweet. I love Vanilla Coke.

In its absence, I found a classic hamburger place that makes soda the old fashioned way, with the separate syrup & soda water. Their vanilla Cokes are fantastic.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yummy, Vanilla Coke. If they don't bring it back up here, sounds like a perfect excuse for a cross-border shopping trip. :D

And yes, I will drive three hours to the land of my illustrious ancestors and present my hard-earned U.S. passport to the friendly armed guy at the border crossing, for the sole purpose of getting my hands on some Vanilla Coke. I loves me some Vanilla Coke. :D :D

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Anyone see Diet VC?
    My wife would be very happy to see that return.
    Happy wife = happy me.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Vanilla Coke is great. Pepsi Vanilla, not so much.

11. somewriter

somewriter Member

They have a vanilla coke zero. I can't tell the difference between diet/zero, but they need to dial back the vanilla flavor by about 75%. Way too overpowering.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Every year at the Iowa State Fair, they have this popular Fountain Shop that does it the old school way as well. Cherry phosphate and club soda is the only thing I will go to the fair for.

Draft saved Draft deleted