1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vanessa Carlton comes "out"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 22, 2010.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, while her "hits" amount to a couple of songs, she's actually a really good musician.

2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I guess we're now up to four on this thread that didn't know who she is.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"Are you going to Lipstick tonight?"

Awesome.

She's a pretty good musician. I thought the album with "Thousand Miles" and "Ordinary Day" was pretty good, but I haven't really kept in touch with her career since.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Musician? I thought he was talking about her dancing at the Spearmint Rhino.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Appears being bi-sexual is becoming the trendy way to jumpstart one's career these days.

Also doubles your chance of having a date on Saturday night.

6. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

And if you've been out of the spotlight for 15-20 years, you take it to the next level and go fully gay. Right, Meredith Baxter?

7. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

The bisexual chick on True Blood is hotter.

8. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Exactly, but I knew who she was when "A Thousand Miles" came out. I was tired of that song by the fifth go-around on the radio in a week.

Actually Boomer, it's been about 8-9 years since she has done anything else.

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

My point exactly: If you've been out of the limelight 5-10 years, you go bi. For 10-20 years, you need to go all the way. It's a watertight theory, easily proven by science. :)

Carlton did, however, provide backup vocals for a couple of Counting Crows songs ... her voice worked well with Duritz' -- and since she wasn't singing that damned "A Thousand Miles" song, it wasn't half bad.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Random timing. She got mentioned in the AV Club's Then That's What They Called Music series today for "Thousand Miles". The writer described it as "musical mayonnaise on white bread with a slice of iceberg lettuce on top."

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Holy cats, i was just about to post that quote from the av club. Good job circus!
    thought the timing of that article was hilarious and it was funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted