1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vancouver Canucks writer for The Sports Xchange

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by PMart79, Oct 2, 2013.

1. PMart79

PMart79 New Member

Hello, I am the NHL editor at The Sports Xchange, a sports information and wire service. We are looking for a Vancouver Canucks writer to cover all home games for us this season.

We are looking for an experienced writer who can provide 400-500 word first ledes within minutes of games ending and 700-800 word write-thrus with quotes from both teams about an hour after the games end.

Only those with availability for most, if not all, home games are asked to apply. This is a freelance position that pays $125 a game. We are going to move VERY quickly on this. If interested, send me a direct message with a brief description of your experience and I will get back to you if there is interest on our end. Thanks!

-- Pat Martin

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

$125 or C$125? Just curious.

3. PMart79

PMart79 New Member

$125 (U.S.)

4. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Are there openings for covering other teams?

5. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

The ability to be done early will come in extra handy when covering the Canucks in the postseason.

6. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Good question. I'd love to get on the Blues beat here in St. Louis.

7. PMart79

PMart79 New Member

We are currently only looking for a Vancouver writer. We are pretty much all set everywhere else. If there are openings in other markets I will post them separately.

Draft saved Draft deleted