1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van Valkenburg to ESPN The Mag

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by VictoryGallop, Jan 27, 2012.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That disqualifies you from the KVV beat.[/crossthread]

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Awesome.

3. Wasn't Ken Rosenthal at the Baltimore Sun as well up through 2005 or 2006 or so?

He was very good.

4. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Christ, you're right. It seems like Rosenthal's been gone for at least a decade, but it was only 2005 when he left. And, Gonna, I'll just correct you on one quick thing: "He is very good."

5. Very true! (I kinda meant he was very good at Baltimore, but yeah)

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Great move -- and now I can actually care about what he writes! (Clevelander still pissed whenever I hear the words "Baltimore Ravens.")

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great hire. Maybe KVV can stop by this place and read all of the superlatives being thrown around about his writing skill. :D

8. Ch.B

Ch.B New Member

Adding to the chorus that this is a great hire, and that KVV is a good dude. Congrats to him and his.

9. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Kevin's awesome. Wish him well at ESPN, and I'm certain he'll do an outstanding job there.

Another huge loss for The Sun.

Aside from the obvious names, The Sun also lost Roch Kobatko to MASN, and they also lost their terrific wrestling blogger, Kevin Eck, to the WWE.

So aside from the writers that we've enjoyed in print, they've also lost some fine bloggers as well.

10. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Did they hire an assistant sports editor to replace Eck? (I think that was his full-time role, right?)

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I'll say this: I have zero interest in the Baltimore Ravens. None.

And I looked forward to reading "Five Things" every week.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Congrats to one of the good ones.

Draft saved Draft deleted