1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van McKenzie Scholarship Fund Information

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll sticky this for a while for those who want to contribute:

"In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Van F. McKenzie Endowed Scholarship Fund c/o CFCC Foundation, 3001 SW College Road, Ocala, FL 34474. This scholarship will be used exclusively to help a promising sports writer/editor. Gifts are tax deductible and will be eligible for state match on a one for one basis. For further information call 352-873-5808."

2. Dave Kindred

Dave Kindred Member

In every kid battling to get by, Van saw himself at 17.
    This is a great way to remember him.

I'm in.

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I was one of those kids.
    I'm in.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Presuming the SportsJournalists.com get-together takes place as scheduled in Dallas, I wonder if maybe we can put together some sort of fundraiser for this while we're there. Maybe everyone donates $1 for each drink they have into a separate scholarship-fund kitty -- probably will cut back on some drinking and debauchery, but it'll benefit something very worthwhile. I probably would've ended up putting $50 or $75 from Toronto alone. Maybe the Vegas crew can rip off this idea, too.

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

That's a great idea wicked. If I make it to Vegas, I'll ringlead that. I think I'll be donating around $600 on my own.

Draft saved Draft deleted