1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van Halen Tour over before it begins

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I agree that if this doesn't happen it will be Eddie's fault not DLR's...

I think it will happen, but will be a complete train wreck...

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Wait a second...can they legally do that?

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I suppose, if they can prove he had no creative input ...

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

No, they can't, or perhaps to put it better, no, they won't be able to get away with doing that to Anthony, at least in terms of song/writing credits. Kind of tough to try and reverse 30 years of history.

And that would be quite a hoot to see the evil VHers try to make this stick in court:

Lawyer: "Mr. Van Halen, please describe for the court how all the music was created without input from Mr Anthony."

EVH: "Well, I was so drunk and stoned at the time, I don't exactly remember."

Judge: "Please Mr. Roth, control your laughter. One more outburst from you and you are out of this courtroom."

5. KP

KP Active Member

Is it possible to have a tour cancelled, and then, not have a tour cancelled?

6. Flash

Flash Guest

It's called 'unsuspend,' a la Steve Yzerman, during the NHL lockout of 2004-05 ...

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Tour cancelled or not, I have as much interest in seeing a 50-ish Van Halen as I do getting my balls waxed.

I'm not big on reunion/nostalgia tours of any sort, but I can understand those who wanted to see the Police at a similar age, their music is more mature and not much is lost as they approaching 50.

But Van Halen is a party band, and thus, everything changes.

DLR, for example, was born in '53, which means he's four years younger than my dad. I'm trying to picture my dad in spandex wailing Panama, trying to pull off the vampy middle section, "I reach down ... between my legs ... and ease the seatbac- ... oww! Dammit my back's out!"

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, there has to be an age cutoff ... that mental image is just damn creepy.

9. Captain_Kirk

So, can KISS no longer sing "Christine Sixteen"?

Or for that matter, can anyone sing that song anymore?

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

KISS is so fucking old they're getting to the point where they can't sing Christine Sixty.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Come on, a mental of Gene singing Dr. Love is friggin' disturbing ...

12. Captain_Kirk

"...when I saw you coming out of the nursing home that day, that day I knew, I knew I've got to have you. I've got to have you."

Draft saved Draft deleted