1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Van Gorder pulls Petrino on Gamecocks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hammer Pants, Jan 24, 2008.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We ran a brief, and we're far from SEC country.

That said, I'd never heard of him before this.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

Spnited, in all his glory.

[​IMG]

3. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

I talked to some of my friends who covered GSU during the VanGorder reign of error, some of whom have done it for 10-20 years. In all those years, they have loved that beat, but VanGorder absolutely soured all of them on it. A prick of the highest order he is.
    Gamecock fans should delight in that they only had to put up with him for a few weeks - he couldn't do any damage to that program in that amount of time, though his reputation as a job jumper has turned off some coaches and prospects he was recruiting for OBC.

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Yeah, he takes Jayson Foster from his quarterback position. GSU goes 3-8. He bolts, and Foster moves back to his original position. The Eagles go 7-4, get a win over the defending FCS champs, and he goes on to win the Payton Award. Brilliant!

5. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

I can't imagine any college coach would hire BVG at this point. The NFL better work out well for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted